Do you love your Yeti cup of coffee but hate the stains that coffee leaves behind? If so, you’re not alone. Many coffee lovers find it difficult to clean coffee stains from their Yeti.
Yeti uses a paper filter that traps all stray grounds and leaves them seated in your coffee until you remove them. And coffee grounds are high in oils and chemicals, so cleaning them is notoriously difficult no matter what you try.
So what to do now? How to clean coffee stains from yeti? Well, you don’t need to be worried until we are here. This article will guide you to clean stubborn coffee stains from yeti.
Scroll Down and Learn More.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Clean Coffee Stains from Yeti
- 1.1 How to Clean Coffee Stains from Yeti with White Vinegar and Salt
- 1.2 How to Clean Coffee Stains from Yeti with Baking Soda and Warm Water
- 1.3 How to Clean Coffee Stains from Yeti with Yeti Cleaning Tablet
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 How Do You Get Coffee Stains out Of a Stainless Steel Mug?
- 4 How Do You Get the Black Ring Off of A Yeti?
- 5 Can I Wash My Yeti in The Dishwasher?
- 6 Can You Use Bleach to Clean a Yeti Cooler?
- 7 How Do You Get Coffee Stains out Of Insulated Mugs?
- 8 Conclusion
How to Clean Coffee Stains from Yeti
Unfortunately, it is not possible to remove coffee stains from yeti with just soap and water. And it’s not a good decision to use any harsh chemical-based cleaner, as it will damage the stainless steel surface.
So what can you do? You have two options: using household ingredients that are already available in-home and the other is purchasing and using yeti tablets. Excited to know how to clean coffee stains using these cleaning agents?
Then let’s explore.
How to Clean Coffee Stains from Yeti with White Vinegar and Salt
Vinegar is a household name, but do you know how effective a cleaning agent is? It can clean dirt, oil, grease, and stubborn stains from any surface, from floor to everything. It has an acidic pH that dissolves these substances.
Additionally, white vinegar has antimicrobial properties that protect surfaces from bacteria, mildew growth, and overall damage. Plus, it’s also known as an excellent deodorizer and sanitizer. Salt is another strong natural cleaning agent that cleans fish as well as coffee stains.
So when you mix these ingredients, a powerful cleaning solution you will get that can efficiently clean the coffee stains from yeti.
Equipment You Will Need
White vinegar, salt, microfiber cloth, and dry towel or paper towel
- Make a cleaning solution of 1 cup white vinegar and 1 tablespoon salt. Stir until salt dissolves properly.
- Pour the cleaning solution into the mug and cover the coffee stain completely.
- Leave it for 15 minutes to work.
- Once time is up, empty the mug and scrub the stain with the microfiber cloth.
- Rinse away with tap water and use a dry towel to absorb excess water.
(If the stain is still there, repeat the process and try again. As coffee is stubborn, so it will take some time to eliminate the stain thoroughly)
How to Clean Coffee Stains from Yeti with Baking Soda and Warm Water
Baking soda is effective in removing dirt and stains from various surfaces as well as effective for eliminating greasy residues and build-up from appliances and machines.
It is a natural detergent that works by breaking down grease and oil molecules in soils and clearing away stains via adsorption. It can also help neutralize acidity levels present in dirt and soil, making them easier to wash away with plain water or soap. And warm water vaporizes the oils and grime, which works as an adhesive to pull up the stain.
So when you mix baking soda and warm water, you get another effective cleaning solution that can clean coffee stains from yeti.
Equipment You Will Need
Baking soda, warm water, dish scrubber, and dry soft towel
- Make a smooth paste of baking soda and warm water. Ensure the paste is thick enough to stick with the yeti.
- Pour this paste into the yeti, now spread it all over the yeti, and make sure the coffee-stained area is coated properly.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes to work.
- Once time is up, use a dish scrubber and scrub gently the yeti.
- Use tap water to rinse away the yeti and dry it with a soft towel or microfiber cloth.
How to Clean Coffee Stains from Yeti with Yeti Cleaning Tablet
Yeti cleaning tablets are designed specifically to clean coffee stains from your Yeti cooler. This cleaning enthusiast has the ability to remove coffee stains from yeti cups.
This tablet contains ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA), an organic compound that helps break down complex substances such as coffee. EDTA dissolves fats and proteins and effectively breaks down stain deposits.
Let’s know how to use it.
- Take one yeti tablet, throw it in the yeti and fill it with water.
- Allow the chemistry to work and wait for a few minutes.
- Empty the yeti and rinse it with water. If some stains are still there, repeat as necessary until the stain disappears completely.
- Put it in the dishwasher or wash with your hands with dish liquid and water as we regularly wash.
- Absorb excess moisture with a microfiber cloth and let it dry naturally.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Get Coffee Stains out Of a Stainless Steel Mug?
Make a smooth paste of white vinegar and baking soda, apply it to the coffee stains of the stainless steel mug and wait for 15 minutes. Use a non-abrasive scrubber and scrub gently until the coffee stains are removed. Rinse away with water and clean with dish liquid and water as you clean regularly. Dry with a microfiber cloth.
How Do You Get the Black Ring Off of A Yeti?
Mix ½ cup vinegar and 1tablespoon of dish liquid until everything dissolves properly and bubbles come up. Now pour this solution into the yeti, fill it with warm water, give it a stir and let it sit for a few minutes. Use a non-abrasive scrubber or rag to scrub the stain. Once the stain is removed and dry with a soft towel.
Can I Wash My Yeti in The Dishwasher?
Yes, you can wash your yeti in the dishwasher. But if there are stains on the yeti, you have to remove them separately and then put them in the yeti. If you want to keep your yeti running for a long time, it’s better to hand wash it with mild dish soap.
Can You Use Bleach to Clean a Yeti Cooler?
Yes, you can use bleach to clean a yeti cooler. But you have to be very careful about the mix-up and cleaning process. While using bleach, mix it with water in a 1:6 ratio to keep it safe. Using bleach in too much quantity can damage the yeti cooler.
How Do You Get Coffee Stains out Of Insulated Mugs?
Cleaning insulated mugs is very tough. First, soak the insulated mug in white vinegar and a warm water solution. Then rinse it away and dry with a microfiber cloth. If the stain is still there, make a smooth baking soda paste and warm water and apply it directly to the coffee stain.
Leave it for 10-15 minutes, scrub gently with a non-abrasive scrubber and rinse away with water. Absorb excess moisture with a soft towel or microfiber cloth.
Coffee stains can be a real pain to deal with, but fortunately, there are some easy steps you can take to remove them, and we have shared those above. Follow them and get rid of coffee stains quickly, just a few minutes without spending a penny.
Jessie Grisham is a writer, editor, and content strategist. She‘s also a big fan of naps, coffee, and books. Jessie has been writing and editing for over 10 years, and has worked in both the corporate and nonprofit sectors. When she‘s not busy writing or editing, you can find her spending time with her husband and two young sons.