Cleaning kinetic sand from carpet is just a cleaning process of a few steps. You don’t need any chemicals to clean kinetic sand from.
Most of the time, you don’t even need anything to clean it. Because kinetic sand is sticky to itself, it won’t stick with anything else.
If the kinetic sand is in the shape of a ball or some large pieces, you can just pick it with your hand without leaving any residue behind.
But if it’s spread, then you have to put a little effort to grab it. Especially when it’s over the carpet, it may already have gone into the carpet fibres. So you have to clean it, you can’t pick it up with your hand.
Interested to know how to clean kinetic sand from carpet? We are here to let you know about the kinetic sand cleaning process from carpet.
Scroll down to learn more.
Table of Contents
How to Clean Kinetic Sand from Carpet
There are a few ways you can clean kinetic sand from carpets. Which methods you have to follow depends on in which status the kinetic sand is over the carpet.
If the kinetic sand just falls off from hand or over the carpet for any reason and in any shape, you can hold, you can pick it up and clean the carpet without using any cleaning tools or solutions.
When kinetic sand is divided into small parts, you can use the vacuum cleaner to get rid of them. A vacuum cleaner can pick up the loosened dirt or small kinetic sand easily.
Sand is spread all over the carpet? After picking it up with a hand and dustpan, still, some kinetic sand is staying on the carpet? Then you have to follow some steps to clean the spread kinetic sand.
- Take a dustpan or use your hand and pick up kinetic sand as much as possible.
- Do vacuuming and then make a solution of three-part of warm water, one part of white vinegar, and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Mix all these until some bubbles are created on top of the solution.
- Pour the solution into a spray bottle and spray directly over the affected area. Leave it for a few minutes.
- Use a damp cloth or paper cloth to rub and pick up the kinetic sand.
- If some stickiness is still there, make a solution of warm water and dish liquid. Dip a sponge in the solution, squeeze extra solution and wipe away the affected area.
- Use a microfiber cloth as the last wiper. It will absorb the moisture and help the carpet to dry faster.
After reading the article we hope you have got the solution of how to clean kinetic sand from carpet. We have shared all the simple ways to clean kinetic sand from carpets.
If you wish you can use a store-bought carpet solution, but as a commercial cleaner contains chemicals that are harmful to a carpet, it will be best to make a solution at home and try it yourself.
I am Eric Lewis, a professional cleaner. I’ve been cleaning houses for over 10 years and have experience in every aspect of the job. From scrubbing to sweeping, from washing to vacuuming, I’ve done it all.