Most of us love fried foods but hate the mess they make, especially people like us who always look out for ways to cut down on kitchen time.
That’s where a ninja air fryer comes to save us. It allows us to enjoy crispy fried food without worrying about the mess. It cooks fried food without grease and oil, which means no more hard effort on cleaning.
But you have to be careful while cleaning the air fryer basket grease build-up because this delicate non-stick part of the air fryer can get damaged very easily.
Are you interested in knowing how to clean the ninja air fryer basket to keep it safe?
No worries, this article will guide you to clean the ninja air fryer basket in the right way. Scroll down and learn the easy process.
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Clean Ninja Air Fryer Basket
- 2 How To Clean Ninja Air Fryer Basket With Baking Soda
- 3 Tips and Maintenance
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 How Do You Get Grease out Of a Ninja Foodi Airfryer?
- 6 How Do You Get Sticky Grease out Of an Air Fryer?
- 7 Can You Put Water in A Ninja Air Fryer?
- 8 Are Ninja Air Fryer Baskets Dishwashers Safe?
- 9 How Do You Clean an Air Fryer Basket with Water?
- 10 Conclusion
How To Clean Ninja Air Fryer Basket
Cleaning the ninja air fryer basket is simple if you clean it in the right way with the right cleaning tools. It will need only a few minutes to clean the air fryer basket and a little maintenance to keep it in top condition.
Let’s Start with The Cleaning Process First and Discuss Some Maintenance Tips.
Equipment You Will Need
We will use DIY ingredients to clean the air fryer basket in this cleaning process, as they are safe and effective.
Dish liquid/dish detergent, warm water, sponge, dish brush/toothbrush, lint-free microfiber cloth/paper towel, etc.
Step One: Ready the Air Fryer Basket
To clean the air fryer basket, you have to make sure it’s cool enough that your hand can endure. Unplug the air fryer basket, take out the basket and allow it to chill for a few minutes. But don’t let it cool completely. Cleaning it in warm conditions will make the process simpler.
Step Two: Make Cleaning Solution
As we said above, to keep the nonstick basket safe, we will use home ingredients, so let’s use them and make a cleaning solution. Fill a large bowl with hot water, add two tablespoons of dish liquid and stir to mix them well.
You can also use dish detergent instead of liquid; in that case, use two tablespoons of dish detergent and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Dish liquid has a lemon extract that cleanses the grimes efficiently, so when using dish detergent, make sure to add lemon juice to make it more effective.
Step Three: Clean the Ninja Air Fryer Basket
Now dip the warm ninja air fryer basket in the cleaning solution and allow it to soak for 15-20 minutes. Once time is up, take out the basket, use a scrubber/dish brush/toothbrush and scrub it.
Keep scrubbing continuously until the grease and oil are out of the basket. If needed, dip the scrubbing tools in the solution and scrub again.
Step Four: Rinse Away
Once the basket is free of grease and oil, it’s time to clean the residue and rinse it away. Place it under tap water, rinse out, or use a damp sponge or rag to wipe down the basket. Ensure no residue is left, and the basket is completely free of dirt.
Step Five; Dry The Basket
Cleaning is done, rinsing is also done, now what is left? Drying it. Yes, drying the basket before attaching it to the air fryer is essential.
Use a kitchen towel or lint-free microfiber cloth to absorb the excess moisture. Now leave it to dry naturally. Once dry, reattach it with the ninja air fryer.
How To Clean Ninja Air Fryer Basket With Baking Soda
Baking soda is an effective cleaning agent. It is a natural degreaser that can Remove grease, oil, and food residue from many surfaces without any damage. You can use this baking soda to clean the ninja air fryer basket in two ways.
Are you excited to know the easy ways to clean the ninja air fryer basket with baking soda? Let’s know.
Cleaning Method with Baking Soda- 1
- Boil water, add two tablespoons of baking soda and stir to mix. Then pour this solution into a bowl and dip the ninja air fryer basket overnight. This method is effective in removing grease build-up and sticky grease.
- The following day, take out the basket and scrub with a soft bristle brush or old toothbrush. If the grease seems hard to remove, take a spray bottle full of white vinegar and spray directly on the grease. Spray and scrub; continue this until the grease is completely removed.
- Now take a damp sponge or rag and wipe down the basket to remove residue. Then absorb extra water with a microfiber cloth or kitchen towel and dry naturally.
Cleaning Method with Baking Soda- 2
- Make a smooth paste of baking soda and warm water. If the grease is sticky, opt for water and add white vinegar. Apply this cleaning solution directly to the grease and wait for 45-60 minutes. Meantime baking soda will do its work.
- Now fill a spray bottle with white vinegar, and spray it directly on the baking soda paste to scrub it well. Use any non-abrasive scrubber or side brush and scrub the grease.
- Rinse away the residue under a tap or with a damp sponge and use a dry microfiber cloth to absorb extra moisture and dry naturally.
Tips and Maintenance
- Avoid using any harsh chemical-based cleaner to clean the ninja air fryer and its components.
- Never use abrasive cleaning tools like a metal brush to scrub the ninja air fryer or its components.
- After every wash, make sure to absorb the excess moisture with a lint-free microfiber cloth.
- Never put the ninja air fryer in the dishwasher or dip it in water.
- Avoid using any cleaning agent to wash the heating element area.
Know More on Be A Cleaner
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Get Grease out Of a Ninja Foodi Airfryer?
Make a cleaning solution of dish detergent and warm water, dip a sponge into it, squeeze well and scrub the ninja foodi air fryer. Do it when the air fryer is warm. And if you want, you can also use a dish brush or an old toothbrush to scrub the grease.
How Do You Get Sticky Grease out Of an Air Fryer?
Make a smooth paste of baking soda and warm water/white vinegar. Take this solution in a soft cloth or sponge and scrub the sticky grease. Now take another clean cloth, damp it with water, squeeze and wipe down the air fryer. Absorb excess moisture with a dry microfiber cloth and flip the air fryer to dry naturally.
Can You Put Water in A Ninja Air Fryer?
Yes, you can put water in a ninja fryer, but only a few drops, not more than that. The ninja air fryer uses electric heating, and the water would cause the electric current to flow through the water and potentially start a fire. So you should never put more than 3-4 drops of water in a ninja air fryer.
Are Ninja Air Fryer Baskets Dishwashers Safe?
Yes, ninja air fryer baskets, even the air fryer’s other removable components, are dishwasher safe. But it’s better to handwash the ninja air fryer basket; a dishwasher can damage the basket’s non-stick coating.
How Do You Clean an Air Fryer Basket with Water?
Boil water in a large pan, add baking soda, and boil for a minute. Now dip the air fryer basket in this water solution overnight. Next, scrub the basket with a non-abrasive scrub/old toothbrush until grease and oil are out. Take out the basket, wipe it down with a damp cloth to clean the residue, and dry it with a microfiber cloth.
Just like other kitchen appliances, the Ninja Air Fryer also needs little care from time to time. And most of us don’t have time to spare when it comes to cleaning our appliances—but cleaning the ninja air fryer is not challenging.
You just need to use the right cleaning tools and follow the right cleaning process. We have shared a simple cleaning process above to make your ninja air fryer cleaning task easier and some tips to keep it in top condition.
Follow them and enjoy the ninja air fryer’s top performance for a long time.
Jessie Grisham is a writer, editor, and content strategist. She‘s also a big fan of naps, coffee, and books. Jessie has been writing and editing for over 10 years, and has worked in both the corporate and nonprofit sectors. When she‘s not busy writing or editing, you can find her spending time with her husband and two young sons.