Bed bugs are mostly active at night. You can say it’s their reputation; they take action at night. In the daylight, they hide, and at night they come out, spread, and start biting us.
Finding bed bugs at night is difficult. The night is when we take rest, we feel exhausted, and due to darkness, we find it difficult to find them. To get rid of bed bugs, it’s essential to find them during the day.
But during the day, the bed bugs hide. If we know how to find bed bugs during the day, we can make a way to get rid of them.
Don’t know how to find bed bugs during the daylight? Then this guide is for you. We will share some secret ways to find bed bugs during the day.
Scroll down and learn how to find bed bugs during the day.
Table of Contents
Where Do Bed Bugs Hide During the Day?
Before we know the tricks to find the bed bugs during the day, let’s know where bed bugs hide. As we know, bed bugs take action at night and hide themselves during the day.
So it’s a little difficult to find them during the daytime, but when you know where the bed bugs mostly hide during the day, it will be easy for you to track them. Don’t stick with the mattress.
There are some more places instead of a mattress where the bed bugs love to hide. What are those places? Let’s know.
- Mattress seams
- Under the sofa
- Baseboard gap
- Bed frame cracks or headboard
- Chair or cabinets
- Night Stand or Dresser
- Inside closets or drawer
- Electrical receptacles
- Ceiling or wall junction
- Behind artwork or books shelves
Hold on. Sometimes seeing bed bugs during the day with naked eyes is easy, but not everyone can identify it’s a bed bug. Some see and avoid it by assuming it’s just an ordinary insect. But that’s not true.
Whenever you see an insect that is-
- Its shape, size, and color are almost the same as an apple seed
- Its color is dark brown. The younger bed bugs look light brown, and along with time, the shell of these bed bugs get darker.
- It’s very thick, but it expands its body to accommodate the food when it eats.
- Its body is flat, long, and wide. The head is smaller, and the midsection is also small.
- It has six legs, two antennae on the two sides of its heads.
As they don’t come out during the daytime, so we barely see them during the day.
But if you search the places where it hides during the day, you will indeed find them. As they are small in size, so you can take a flashlight for easy notice.
How To Track And Find Bed Bugs At Day?
As we learn, finding bed bugs during the day is challenging but possible if you know the tricks.
Bed bugs spread in a short time, so you need to control them fats as soon as you got to know about them. But how to understand bed bugs are in your home?
We know that. Excited to know? Well, we will reveal the secrets to track the bed bugs during the day, along with something more. So scroll down and learn more.
Signs bed bugs are at your home.
Couldn’t sleep at night during some hard biting? Or seeing some bites on the body like-
- Small red spots: Did you notice there are some flat spots on your body? Sometimes they itch, and sometimes not? Or have swollen red bumps that also itch sometimes? If you have these, then there are beg bugs available at your home for sure.
- Blood marks: Didn’t feel the bite on your body, nor do you feel any itching but blood marks on the bed sheet or pillow? There are bed bugs. Sometimes they bite, but we don’t feel the bite, but they leave the sign of blood on the bedsheet. So if you find blood marks on your bedsheets, assume bed bugs are active at night to bite you.
- Shed skin: Bed bugs shed their skin at five stages. If you find any bed bugs shed on your bed or home, start searching immediately for the bed bugs. They are hiding at your home.
- Egg casings: Bed bugs not only stay in your home, but they also try to grow their team. They leave their egg casings, and after some time, they turn into another bed bugs. So before they grew, find them. The egg casings are very small. They are one millimeter in length, look like brown, tan, white grains of rice. If you can’t see them with naked eyes but can feel their presence, search with a magnifying glass and identify them.
Now you have identified the bed bugs at your home with the signs you have got above, it’s time to find the live bugs in the daytime.
Strip the bedding and suspected places
Strip the bed sheets, mattress, or pillowcases where you have founded the bed bug marks. Don’t think you have found the marks on your room means the bed bugs are only hiding in your room.
They can be anywhere at your place because they can spread quickly. So search every room, be it kitchen drawing-room, playpens, strollers, baby cribs, car seats, or bedroom.
To get rid of bed bugs, you have to search every place where the bed bugs can be and find them out.
Bed Bug Traps
Another smart way to track bed bugs is to using bed bug traps. You will find bed bugs sticky traps that you can place on your bed or furniture.
Take some bed bug traps and place the sticky traps on every suspected area like furniture, bedding, headboards, floorboard, closets, etc. Leave them for a few days. If you don’t see any signs of bed bugs but doubts in mind, leave them for a few weeks.
If you don’t see any signs in four weeks, be assured there are bed bugs at your home; if you feel having bed bugs, that might be your misconception.
Know More on Be A Cleaner
What kills bed bugs instantly home remedies
The best home remedy to kill bed bugs is using hot water. Hot water can kill bed bugs just in 30 minutes. Dip the bedding or cloth with bed bugs in a bucket full of hot water and leave it for 30 minutes. After the time is up, wash away, and all the bed bugs are instantly gone.
How long does it usually take to get rid of bed bugs?
Usually, it depends on the size and condition of your room. On average, it will take 30 to hours to get rid of bed bugs. Once the treatment is done, wait until the insecticides are dried, and then enter the room.
What time of year are bed bugs most active
Bed bugs can live in all seasons. It won’t die either in the winter season. But during the summer season, bed bugs are more active than before. They love a warm environment the peak season for the bed bugs is June, July, August, September, and October.
What to do if you slept in a bed with bed bugs
Try to clean the bedding, curtains, linens, and clothes in hot water and dry them properly. Scrub the mattress with a stiff brush and remove the bed bugs and eggs. Then do vacuuming the mattress and the surrounding area.
Should I throw out my mattress if I have bed bugs
No, never you should throw out your mattress if you have bed bugs. It will spread the infestation. Before you change or throw it out, you should clean the mattress to avoid infestation spreading.
How do I get rid of bed bugs permanently?
The best way to get rid of bed bugs permanently is to call a professional. But if you want to get rid of these with some home remedies, then do bed bug wash, all the clothes, and bedding with hot water (minimum 120degree). Don’t stop vacuuming. At least twice a week. Do vacuuming. It won’t kill the bugs but will help in getting rid of them. Or use bed bugs bleach, which is also helpful. Now freeze the items that you can for four days.
We have shared the best ways to find bed bugs during the day. If you follow what we said above, we hope you will find out the bed bugs during the day efficiently with less effort.
You know tricks make our life easy. So follow the tricks we have shared and let us know if we have left something or are interested in learning something that we have missed.
Hi, my name is Tiffany. I am a cleaner worker that specializes in all cleaning tasks for the company where I work.
In this blog to share my tips and tricks with others who love cleanliness.