Turmeric stain is a stubborn one because if the stain doesn’t receive any treatment quickly, the spot can stick and be a permanent one.
Carpets enhance the beauty of our home, but a tiny spot/stain can ruin the beauty. For some reason, if our carpet gets stained with some curry or turmeric, we get panicked. And that is wrong, nothing to worry about. These days there are so many ways available to get rid of such stubborn stains.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Remove Turmeric Stains From Carpet
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 How to Get Rid of Turmeric Stains on The Kitchen Counter
- 4 How Do You Remove Curry Stains from Carpet?
- 5 How Do You Remove Yellow Stains from Carpet?
- 6 Does Vinegar and Baking Soda Remove Old Stains from Carpet?
- 7 Can Baking Soda Remove Curry Stains?
- 8 How to Remove Turmeric Stains from Clothes
- 9 Does Vanish Remove Turmeric Stains?
- 10 Are Curry Stains Permanent?
How to Remove Turmeric Stains From Carpet
Here we will discuss some of the simple and effective ways to remove turmeric stains from the carpet. So scroll down and read the full article.
1-Baking Soda Solution
Hearing by the name of stain, the first name that came into mind is baking soda. It’s a popular cleaning solution to remove stains from Carpet, Cloth, Countertops, Dishes, and many more.
Baking soda is a popular turmeric stain removal solution. It plucks the turmeric stain and confines it in the solution paste, and as it dries, the stain comes out with it.
Let’s know the process of how to get old turmeric out of the carpet with the help of baking soda.
- If the stain turmeric stain is liquid or something similar, dap it with a paper napkin or dry cloth and try to pick it up as much as possible.
- If turmeric stain is in powder form, use a spoon or knife and lift away as much as possible.
- Take 1 cup water, one tablespoon baking soda, one tablespoon dish detergent/liquid, and stir it until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the strain area and wait until the carpet soaks it fully.
- Scrub with a soft brush/toothbrush, don’t press too hard, do it gently. Now, wash the stain or clean it with a dry cloth. If the stain is still there, repeat the same process.
Dish liquid is another useful turmeric stain removal solution. Believe me, dish liquid can remove the turmeric stain from a carpet as it does with dishes.
Let’s know how to use dish liquid/detergent/soap to remove stains.
- Take two cups of cold water, one tablespoon dish liquid or detergent, one tablespoon white vinegar or ammonia, mix all these and make a solution.
- Moisten a dry cloth into the mixture solution and blot the turmeric stain.
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a clean, dry cloth and blot the carpet turmeric stain.
- Repeat the process until you get desired result
Glycerin is a colorless, non-toxic, viscous liquid used to make moisturizers, soap, and different types of cleaners. Glycerin is a known name to us, but many of us don’t know how to get old turmeric out of the carpet by using this household product.
It can remove a turmeric stain from a carpet entirely just in a few steps.
Let’s know those easy steps.
- Take lukewarm water, apply it over the turmeric stain and let it sit for at least five minutes.
- Blot the stained area with a dry cloth or paper towel.
- Create a mixture using an equal amount of water and glycerin, stir it properly, and spray it over the stained area with a spray bottle’s help.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Stream some lukewarm water on the stained surface, leave for a minute and blot with a paper towel. Repeat the process until the stain is gone correctly.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Use baking soda as the first stain removal solution before using any other solution.
- Avoid rubbing the stain; it may cause more stain spreading.
- Use a soft brush
- Always blot with a dry cloth or paper towel
- Try to keep the solution on the stain for the exact time.
Know More on Be A Cleaner
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Get Rid of Turmeric Stains on The Kitchen Counter
Getting rid of turmeric stains from the kitchen counter is simple. But before applying any process, make sure using cleaners or solutions you made is safe and endurable for your kitchen countertops.
If the countertop is made with natural stone, use vinegar/lemon and baking soda paste. But if it’s not stone, then use water and baking soda paste. Spread the solution over the stain, leave it for 15-20 minutes and scrub it in circular motions. If the stain seems steady, use lemon juice or vinegar with it.
How Do You Remove Curry Stains from Carpet?
Take two cups of cold/normal water, one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid, one tablespoon vinegar/household ammonia, and mix it well.
Now scrub the stain with the liquid you just mixed with a paper towel or clean with a white cloth. Let the mixture sit on the carpet for five minutes, then smudge away with a dry cloth.
If the stain is still available, repeat the process until the stain is entirely gone.
How Do You Remove Yellow Stains from Carpet?
Take ½ cup of water, 1 cup of baking soda, and mix it. Now apply this solution to the yellow-stained area. Take the help of a soft spinny brush and make sure the mixture has gone deep within the carpet fibers. Repeat this process till the stain is noticeable or until the yellow stain entirely vanishes from the carpet.
Does Vinegar and Baking Soda Remove Old Stains from Carpet?
Yes, vinegar and baking soda can remove old stains from the carpet. When both the solids come together, they work as a team and lift all types of stains (old or fresh), and free up from bad smells. Vinegar works to moisten and soften up the stain, and baking soda does the lifting and purifying work.
Can Baking Soda Remove Curry Stains?
Yes, baking soda can remove curry stains. If the stain is wet, sprinkle baking soda over the stain and let it sit for 20 minutes. If the curry stain is dry, make a baking soda paste and apply it over the stain and leave it for 15 minutes. Once the time is up, scrub it well and wash it off. Repeat the process until you get the desired result
How to Remove Turmeric Stains from Clothes
If you have spilled turmeric sauce or similar liquid on the cloth treat it immediately. Soak the cloth in cold water with mild cloth washing detergent and leave it for 20 minutes.
Never use hot water, it will help the stain to set. After an exact time, wash the cloth with cold water with regular detergent. Try to dry it in sun, it will help the stain to fade away.
If the stain is still there, repeat the process until you are satisfied. (You can use lemon juice or ice cubes if you can’t wash the cloth immediately. It won’t let the stain set on the cloth.)
Does Vanish Remove Turmeric Stains?
Yes, vanish, remove turmeric stains. With a clean cloth or paper towel, dab the stain, remove the turmeric stain as much as you can, and then follow the steps vanish mentioned and get rid of unwanted turmeric stain.
Are Curry Stains Permanent?
No, curry stains aren’t permanent. You can remove it by following some method. But once the curry stains dry, it becomes a little bit difficult to remove. So, it’s better to try removing the stains as soon as possible.
I am Evan Jr. Wilson, a professional cleaner. Working as a cleaner, I involve every cleaning task like scrubbing, washing, brushing, sweeping, tidying, vacuuming, mopping, and polishing.
From cleaning the house to work areas & machinery, I have experienced cleaning every space.